Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Prelude: Part 1

Romans 8:31-32 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?

¡Hola! ¿Cómo estás?
                Nov 15th, Tuesday night
So I spent my last hours in San Diego at the Castillo's, who were kind enough to drive me to the airport for my late night flight and the kids even helped me finish packing. As a matter of fact, the kids even made up a goodbye song for me .It went "Marcus is leaving, we're so sad." But that song had a happy tune, so the kids couldn't help but smile when they sang it.


                16th, Wednesday Morning 
My brother picked me up around 9 AM at the airport in Charleston. We went out to eat breakfast at Denny’s and then we went to my nephew’s elementary school.  Technology is so advanced now, even in first grade. Smart boards allowed the kids to drag a projected digital image across the board with their finger tips and all the kids have iPads to play educational computer games.  Man, I feel old. When I was in elementary, my teacher still used the blackboard and chalk.
               
19th, Saturday
Seeing your own family again is great… at first.  But, when you’re home by yourself because everyone else is at work/college that initial nostalgia wears off and boredom sets in. And how do you kill boredom? Road Trip! And what are the important elements of any Road Trip? People (who you rarely see, but are often on your mind)( living far enough away, but not too far away)… and a vehicle.
I name all my cars. First Shelby, then Jaden. This one is "Silver"!

()
Verses on my mind:


Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  (The word "careful" is translated from the Greek word “merimnaō”, which would be translated in today’s English as “anxious”.The same word is used in Matthew 6: 34, which reads “Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

1 comment:

  1. awesome blog (specially the pics. :) hope to see more posts and updates keep it up Brother.

    ReplyDelete